BreathePro.com is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your identifiable health information. In conducting our business, we will create records regarding you and the services we provide to you.
This Notice tells you about the ways in which BreathePro.com (sometimes referred to as “we”) and its companies may collect, use, and disclose your protected health information and your rights concerning your protected health information. “Protected Health Information” is information about you that can reasonably be used to serve you and that relates to you, or the payment for that care.
We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of health information that identifies you; and to provide you with this Notice about your rights and our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information. We must follow the terms of this Notice while it is in effect. Some of the uses and disclosures described in this Notice may be limited in certain cases by applicable state laws that are more stringent than the federal standards. If you have questions about this notice, please contact us for further information.
The terms of this notice apply to all records containing your health information that are created or retained by BreathePro.com. We reserve the right to revise or amend our privacy practices. Any revision or amendment to this notice will be effective for all your records we have created or maintained in the past, and for any of your records we may create or maintain in the future. BreathePro.com will make the most current notice available online.
What Personal Information About Customers Does This Site Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at this site. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this site. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at this site if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Information You Give Us
- You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through this site or one of our third-party sellers; make a purchase; provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or about you; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Information from Other Sources
- Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features in the purchasing process, personalized greetings, and storage of items in your shopping cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of this site's features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does This Site Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that we are acquired or assigned, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of our store and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of this company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How We May Use And Disclose Your Protected Health Information (PHI)
BreathePro.com may use and disclose your PHI for different purposes. The examples below are provided to illustrate the types of uses and disclosures we may make without your authorization for payment and treatment.
- Payment. BreathePro.com may use your health information to bill you directly for services or items.
- Reminders. BreathePro.com may use and disclose your health information to contact you and remind you of deliveries and to ask whether you need additional supplies.
- Release of Information to Family/Friends. BreathePro.com may release your health information to a friend or family member that is helping you to pay, or who assists in taking care of you.
- Disclosures Required by Law. BreathePro.com will use and disclose your health information when we are required to do so by federal, state or local law. We require any business associates to protect the confidentiality of your information and to use the information only for the purpose for which the disclosure is made. We do not provide customer names and addresses to outside firms, organizations, or individuals except in the furtherance of our business relationship with you or as otherwise allowed by law.
We restrict access to nonpublic information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at this site include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, and address book); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings; guides, and personal profile.
This site does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit this site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New Jersey. If you have any concern about privacy at this site, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. BreathePro.com will never materially change policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Other Permitted or Required Disclosures
- As Required by Law: BreathePro.com must disclose PHI about you when required to do so by law.
- Public Health Activities: BreathePro.com may disclose PHI to public health agencies for reasons such as preventing or controlling disease, injury, or disability.
- Health Oversight Activities: BreathePro.com may disclose PHI to government oversight agencies. Oversight activities include, for example, investigations, inspections, audits, surveys, licensure and disciplinary actions; civil, administrative, and criminal procedures or actions; or other activities necessary for monitoring compliance with civil rights laws and the health care system in general.
- Judicial and Administrative Proceedings: BreathePro.com may disclose PHI in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose PHI about you in certain cases in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process.
- Law Enforcement: BreathePro.com may disclose PHI under limited circumstances to a law enforcement official in response to a warrant or similar process; to identify or locate a suspect; or to provide information about the victim of a crime.
- To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety: BreathePro.com may disclose PHI about you, with some limitations, when necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of the public or another person.
- Special Government Functions: BreathePro.com may disclose information as required by military authorities or to authorized federal officials for national security and intelligence activities.
- Workers Compensation: BreathePro.com may disclose PHI to the extent necessary to comply with state law for worker’s compensation programs.
Your Rights Regarding Your Protected Health Information (PHI)
You have certain rights regarding PHI that we maintain about you.
- Right to Access Your PHI: You have the right to review or obtain copies of your PHI records, with some limited exceptions. Usually the records include referral information, delivery forms, billing, and medical management records. Your access to records can include PHI maintained electronically even if not an electronic health record. Your request to review and/or obtain a copy of your PHI records must be made in writing. BreathePro.com may charge a fee for the costs of producing, copying, and mailing your requested information, but we will tell you the cost in advance.
- Right to Amend Your PHI: If you feel that PHI maintained by us is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we amend the information. Your request must be made in writing and must include the reason you are seeking a change. We may deny your request if, for example, you ask us to amend information that was not created by us, or you ask to amend a record that is already accurate and complete. If we deny your request to amend, we will notify you in writing. You then have the right to submit to us a written statement of disagreement with our decision and we have the right to rebut that statement.
- Right to Notification of Breach or Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to be notified following a breach of your unsecured PHI. You may request an accounting of disclosures we have made of your PHI. The list will not include our disclosures related to your treatment, or disclosures made to you or with your authorization. The list may also exclude certain other disclosures, such as for national security purposes. Your request for an accounting of disclosures must be made in writing and must state a time period for which you want an accounting. This time period may not be longer than six years. Your request should indicate in what form you want the list (for example, on paper or electronically). BreathePro.com may charge for providing the accounting and will tell you the cost in advance.
- Right to Request Restrictions on the Use and Disclosure of your PHI: You have the right to request that we restrict or limit how we use or disclose your PHI for services, payment or health care operations. Your request for a restriction must be made in writing. In your request, you must tell us (1) what information you want to limit; (2) whether you want to limit how we use or disclose your information, or both; and (3) to whom you want the restrictions to apply.
- Right to Receive Confidential Communications: You have the right to request that we use a certain method to communicate with you or that we send information to a certain location. For example, you may ask that we contact you at work rather than at home. Your request to receive confidential communications must be made in writing. We will accommodate reasonable requests. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted.
- Right to a Paper Copy of This Notice: You have a right at any time to request a paper copy of this Notice. You may ask us to give you a copy of this notice at any time. You may also print this notice for you records at your convenience.
- Contact Information for Exercising Your Rights: You may exercise any of the rights described above by contacting BreathePro.com through the Contact Us section of the website.
- Complaints: If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us and/or with the Office of Civil Rights. All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.